1 pack (500g) minced meat – turkey, steak, beef (whichever you prefer)
1 medium onion chopped finely
2 tbsp harissa Paste
2 cloves garlic
1 egg white
1 tsp chilli paste
1/2 tsp hot paprika
Pinch of black pepper
Oil – for frying
These burgers can be frozen. Once made, instead of cooling in the fridge, wrap in cling film or place in freezer bags and freeze. Ensure you make a note of the date they were frozen.
The mixture makes approximately 10 average size burgers, you can make them bigger or smaller, depending on what you prefer.
If you want them spicier, add extra chilli paste or finely chop a whole chilli and add to the mix.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients, until completely combined and sticky.
- Scoop out balls of mixture and flatten in the palm of your hand, until they are burger shaped. Place ‘burgers’ onto a plate.
- Once you have made all of the mix into burgers, cover the plate with cling film and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled (the cooling will help them to bind) heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. At this point, turn oven on to preheat.
- Gently fry the amount of burgers you want, turning once so both sides are browned. Once brown, place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes (check they are cooked throughout – it all depends on how thick you have made them).
- Once cooked, simply serve in a bun with salad and onion, or with a side of chopped avocado and tomato.